Treatment is a great beginning, but what happens when the addict returns home, or if they never get to treatment?
BALM® COMPREHENSIVE FAMILY RECOVERY EDUCATION
HELPS FAMILIES BECOME THEIR LOVED ONE’S BEST CHANCE AT RECOVERY!
FAMILIES who LEARN THE BALM® (BE A LOVING MIRROR) METHOD learn how to:
- Erase judgments that create barriers between families & their loved one
- Set and stick to boundaries
- Regain the inner calm and peace they thought they’d lost forever
- Become aware of triggers that can give their addict excuses to relapse
- Start enjoying their lives again, regardless of their addict’s choices
- Avoid the mental obsession that plagues so many families caught up in their loved one’s lives
- Achieve peace in the home
- Learn the Loving Mirror secrets for a sane and joyful life!
THIS COURSE IS FOR…
- Family members of clients in treatment, therapy, or recovery coaching
- Parents of addicts in prison, after-care programs, or halfway houses
- Spouses, children, and siblings of addicts
- Parents of teens struggling with excessive experimentation in high school or college
- Anyone concerned about a friend or loved one’s drinking or drugging
OUR POWERFUL THREEFOLD EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM INCLUDES:
INFORMATION: (The Daily BALM® Course)
We will educate you with 12 Family Recovery Principles presented through twice weekly live calls, a workbook, and an online archive of over 155 hours of lessons, expert interviews, discussions, recovering speakers and recovery families. All of this information is organized in an easy-to-digest fashion.
The BALM® Comprehensive will help you:
- Regain your sanity and serenity as you learn how to become your addict’s BEST chance to recover!
- Improve your communication with your loved one, as you discover what it means to respond rather than react to situations!
- Weekly Recorded Lessons on the BALM® Family Recovery Principles
- Over 140 Recorded Calls including: Interactive Discussions, Interviews with Experts, Interviews with People in Long-term Recovery, Interviews with Family Members in Recovery
- Workbook for each lesson
- PowerPoint for each lesson
- Weekly Live Video Calls every Monday daytime and Wednesday evening featuring a panel of coaches! These calls include discussions, Speakers, and Expert Interviews! As a class participant, you are encouraged to join in! Afterward, the recording will be posted online in Family Recovery Academy for you to enjoy!
TRANSFORMATION: (The 7 Steps to BALM® Course)
Your families receive tools to put that information into practice on a journey into 7 steps that empower families to effectively communicate with their loved one using the BALM® (Be A Loving Mirror) method, and bring calm back into their homes.
BALM® is the acronym for Be A Loving Mirror, the signature program of Family Recovery Resources.
WHAT IS A BALM® CONVERSATION?
- A mini-intervention you can have with your loved one.
- A 7 step process that transforms conversations and turns chaos to sanity.
- A method of bringing sanity into the relationships, improving your loved one’s chances of getting well.
During class, you will:
- learn the steps of the method
- study processes to help with implementation
- practice what you are learning with a partner
In between classes, you will:
- work with a buddy on the phone
- practice with clients, family and/or friends
SUPPORT: (Twice Weekly Group Coaching Calls)
Live group coaching calls where families can get their questions answered, receive support, and hear how others are coping with the challenges of a loved one’s struggles with substance use disorder and other addictions.
Support is available to you in the form of:
- Weekly opportunities to work with a coach in a group setting.
- Each week, participants bring current issues they would like to approach using the BALM® method.
- The coach introduces tools, exercises, and insights to provide BALM® families additional opportunities to grow their family recovery.